Hello and welcome fab folks!
I’m Maribeth (and you’re welcome to call me Mari if you pronounce it like Mary). I’m delighted you’ve stopped by my little shelf on the internet. Let’s get acquainted . . .
I am a certified Creative Grief Coach. Besides losing five babies (preemie stillbirth, full term son at 5 1/2 days, 2 miscarriages, loss of 1 twin early in the 2nd trimester of pregnancy), I’ve lost both of my brothers (my only siblings), my sister-in-law, my parents four months apart in 2011, and my beloved nephew (aka my baby brother) in March 2014. You can read my loss story here if you’re interested. From May 2012 to May 2013, I fought debilitating illness and learned more about myself in the process than I ever thought possible. Throughout my life I’ve known extreme sorrow and incredible joy. This is what it means to live wholeheartedly, embracing the bitter and the sweet. When you’ve known sorrow, joy feels that much sweeter!
I am also a registered yoga teacher, a certified baby loss doula, and a Reiki Master. I finished my yoga teacher classes 10 days before my 55th birthday and became registered at age 56! Darlings, you are never too old to follow a dream! My goal is to become a yoga therapist working with the bereaved, depressed or health challenged as well as teaching yoga to women pregnant again after pregnancy/infant loss.
. . . and so why this blog?
It’s my desire to help people by inspiring them to find their healing path through life’s challenges and traumas by sharing my own healing path and experience. We can choose healing or we can choose stuckness. Often we simply need a beacon of light (even just a candle flicker) to illuminate our stuck thoughts, and I hope I can be a flashlight for you, just as you are for me.
. . . totally irrelevant drivel
- My mantra is the minute you stop being curious is the minute you start to grow old.
- I love yoga, dogs, gardening, quilting, reading, music, and learning. Learning? Yes – my brain needs to be stimulated and challenged or there’s hell to pay. It doesn’t make me smarter, just very curious 🙂
- I’ve been a lifelong fan of the Denver Broncos.
- For the last 25 years I’ve been a huge fan of the Oakland Athletics (LOVE baseball!) and San Francisco 49ers.
- I’m ISFP and a 9 on the enneagram.
- I’ve never broken a bone.
- My eye doctor asks me at EVERY visit what color I consider my eyes to be because he finds it unusual. It’s not THAT unusual; both of my sons have the same color. It’s green, blue and hazel mixed together and it changes depending on the color I’m wearing, my mood, and how much light is around me.
- I’ve had a mad crush on Al Pacino for 25 years. I have NO idea why.
- On right brain/left brain tests, I score in the middle making me neither and both – story of my life 😉
. . . interviews:
. . . you can find me here:
Welcome to my little shelf on the wall . . . and now it’s YOUR turn to introduce yourself.
Contact: mwdoerr at gmail dot com